NEATmet for Commerce, Accounting & Finance
- WHAT is the Objective of this Assessment?
Identifying the potential of a candidate’s industry readiness and thereby bridging the gap between employable candidates & potential employers.
- WHY such an assessment is required?
There is always a hidden talent from Tier I, II & III cities PAN India who needs to be identified, given the confidence to check their employability quotient and showcase their potential and industry-readiness through multi-tier, multi-layer assessment. The industries can thereby access through the curated merit lists.
- WHO is patronizing this Assessment Test?
Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has partnered with NEATmet in promoting the Assessment to test the Employability Quotient of the candidates desiring to get recruited in the various areas of work demanding expertise in the areas of Commerce, Accounting, Finance, and other allied domains. The qualified candidates will receive a Certificate of Merit, Awards and Scholarships based on the Toppers from each specialization selected from Zone-wise, Region-wise, State-wise and PAN India curation of results.
WHO can take this Assessment Test:
Pre-final & final year students of any discipline, fresher and working professionals, willing to pursue a career in the areas of Commerce, Accounting, Finance and associated domains.
Modality of the Test:
Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
Seats will be allocated based on the preferences given during the time of registration and the availability of the same on the first-come-first-serve basis.
Format of the Question Paper:
All Test Papers will be entirely of objective type. The pattern of questions will be entirely of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong or multiple answers selected against each question.
PAPERS for the Examination:
There are FIVE Papers of Specialization and a candidate can choose ANY ONE from the following list:
- Accounting & Finance
- Computer Applications & E-business
- Marketing Management
- Taxation & Finance
- General Course
N.B. The Details of the five papers offered is provided in the relevant section of the website.
Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form:
Personal information (Name, Email, Contact Number, AADHAAR Number, Date of Birth, Communication Address etc.).
High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
Academic information (Education Qualification, Institution Name and Address, Discipline, Tentative Exam Center Location etc.)
Net-banking / UPI / debit card / credit card details for fee payment
Before proceeding to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate proceeds, no further changes to the application can be made.
N.B. Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If someone else (friend or Internet café person) is filling the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error free application.
Photograph and Signature
The NEATmet registration requires candidate’s photograph and signature are to be uploaded electronically. Uploading photograph and signature that does not meet the specifications, can result in the disqualification of the application without any refund of the application fee.
Please upload only good quality photograph. The NEATmet Admit card & Scorecard will be printed with the photograph that the candidate has submitted.
The photograph must match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of the examination.
A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
The photograph must be in COLOR and taken in a professional studio within last six months from the date of application. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
The photo studio should provide the image of your photo in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print.
Maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher). Minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
Background of the photograph must be white or a light color.
The face should occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible. The photograph should be without cap/ hat. The person in the photo must be facing the camera.
If you normally wear spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if the glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles. In addition, you must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses.
Poor quality of the photograph submitted will lead to rejection of NEATmet application, without any refund of the application fee.
A rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) should be drawn on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box. The size of the signature (Height × Width) should be at least 70~80% of the box size (preferred).
The signature by any other person or in any other color (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
Only JPEG/ JPG/ PNG image format will be accepted.
The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels.
The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Depending upon the registration count per city the number of sessions per day may change. The same will be notified to the candidates registering for the Assessment.
- Final allotment of The Examination Centre from the list of Preferred Centres chosen will be assigned subjected to availability of infrastructure and dates.
For more details visit the section for the Exam Cities.
- Candidates appearing for the test MUST carry Admit Card downloaded before-hand and ORIGINAL valid photo-identity proof (which was used at the time of registration) inside the examination hall. No one will be entertained with any other form than the printed copy of the Admit Card.
- No Electronic gadgets [mobile phones (even in the switched-off mode), watches of any form and calculators] inside the examination hall is strictly PROHIBITED. The On-screen Calculator will be activated for use during the Examination.
- Scribble pad will be provided to the candidate in the examination hall by the invigilator. The same should be used for all rough work. Candidates MUST write their name and registration number on the scribble pad before they start using it. The scribble pad(s) issued to the candidate MUST be returned to the invigilator(s) after the end of the examination.
- Any other material like electronic / communication devices, wallets, papers, loose sheets, pen/pencil box/pouch, and printed or hand-written textual materials, inside the examination hall is strictly PROHIBITED.
- All means of communication (verbal or otherwise) among the candidates inside the examination hall are strictly PROHIBITED.
- If any of the PROHIBITED acts or items listed above are detected during the examination, it will automatically lead to CANCELLATION of candidature. Results will NOT be declared for such candidates.
- The Examination Centre WILL NOT HOLD any kind of responsibility regarding safety and security of Electronic Devices / any kind of Valuables belonging to candidates and left outside the Examination Hall.
- Candidates MUST not tamper with the computer and the related hardware provided in the examination hall. Candidates found to have tampered with these wilfully, will have their candidature cancelled summarily.
- If COVID-19 pandemic situation continues, the candidate MUST follow all the standard safety regulations at the examination premises.
Social Distancing measures will be implemented as per Government of India guidelines in current scenario of COVID-19 to ensure health & safety of the candidates without compromising the high standards, sanctity and fairness in conduct of the examination. Candidates will also be required to adhere to guidelines and new process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety & health of their own and fellow candidates.
Preparation of Exam Venues
Standard Operating Procedures for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining required standard of hygiene are getting implemented.
Before each shift starts (and after last shift of the candidate) Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized – monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc. will be disinfected.
Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines.
Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry and inside the exam venue at various places for candidates and centre staff to use.
Rough sheets will be kept at all desks before start of exam by invigilators wearing gloves to ensure hygiene.
It is ensured that all the processes are touch free to ensure Social Distancing norms.
Candidate to check Reporting/ Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card and to reach centre as per Reporting time only to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue:
- Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc. Please refer Admit Card for more details)
- A simple transparent Ball Point Pen
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
At the Time of Entry
Candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager / ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
At time of entry, candidates’ body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide them to respective labs after checking the Admit Card. Candidates are required to strictly adhere to instructions provided by centre staff.
Candidates will be denied permission to appear for examination, if he/ she violates the COVID-19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
After the Examination
On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
The Admit Card will be available ONLY from the NEATmet website.
A candidate has to download his/her Admit Card as per the Timeline. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post/e-mail.
Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original AADHAR CARD (mandatory) (NO photocopy/scanned copy), which was specified during the filling up of the online application.
The Admit Card is valid if and ONLY if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the Admit Card and Photo ID Card are essential for entry into the examination hall.
- Score-Sheet: The Response Sheet contains the detailed analysis of the Score. The QR code enabled adds extra security to the Score Card and the option to download and provide the direct link of the score card to anyone looking for the profile of the candidate
- Certificate of Merit: The Certificate of Merit will be provided to the qualified candidates.
- Awards and Accolades: Scholarships and Recommendation Letters will be awarded to the toppers and deserving candidates in special ceremonies to be announced in due course of time.
- Online Certificate will be available to be downloaded, which is having 2 years of validity
- The Mock Tests will be an ONLINE Examination based on anytime, anywhere concept where the questions are handled and administered from a secured system to ensure smooth progress of the Tests.
- A Candidate can take as many as THREE mock tests before appearing for the Computer Based Test (CBT) on the dates specified.
- A very secured and robust portal will be provided for the candidates registered to appear for the Mock Tests.
About the Paper-setters and the Question Paper moderation:
The Subject Matter Experts are mostly from the academicians from Institutes of National Importance, Industry Professionals from PSUs, Govt. undertakings, as well as the experts liaising between the various industrial projects connected to the academics.
Disclaimer: NEATMET is NOT a job/ scholarship ensuring examination. Qualifying in NEATMET examination provides a does NOT guarantee admission / scholarship. Admission to any institute is fully dependent on the admitting institute’s criteria for educational qualification. Similarly, NEATMET qualification does not assure a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) job, as it depends on the recruitment procedure of the concerned PSU. NEATMET authority is NOT liable for any legal obligations related to admission / job.